>> May 15, 2009
Anytime I bake, it's the pound cake comes out perfect. This can be used as a base for tart, tiramisu, fried icecreams and for many other desserts.
Curd, milk and water are used to substitute the eggs & it taste the best. Can be served with whipped cream for additional flavour.
- All purpose flour - 200 gms
- Milk powder - 100 gms
- Powdered sugar - 160 gms
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Butter - 100 gms
- Baking powder - 2 tsps
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Curd - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
Baking a cake :
- Sift baking powder, baking soda, all purpose flour and milk powder together.
- Beat butter till soft and add vanilla essence , sugar little by little and beat well.
- Combine curd, water, milk together.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the butter mixture alternately the liquid ingredients. Start and end with the flour.
- Pour the cake mixture into the greased baking pan.
- Bake at 160 C for 40 mins.